Sunday afternoons with cousins or friends and a trip for a fun sport like bowling always sound the best plan. What makes it best is the variety it provides us, which involves five-in bowling, ten-pin bowling, candlepin bowling, duckpin bowling, and kegel, which has balls having holes for two fingers and a thumb and no holes at all. It has different surfaces used, too, like dry lanes, heavy oil lanes, wood lanes, etc.
Let’s know about wood lanes and how to select the best bowling ball for wood lanes.
The features you must consider before buying them are:
- Hardness of the Ball – Since wooden lanes are softer and more forgiving, it allows bowlers to choose amongst a wide variety and their favorite without any risk of breaking it.
- Coverstock Material – We can easily use a bowling ball with a plastic or polyester coverstock without worrying about losing control.
- Weight – Weight of the ball matters as to how easily the ball can be handled and how far it can travel. Lighter bowling balls can comfortably grip the surface.
- Flare Potential – Lower flare potential bowling balls are suitable.
Our Top Picks Best Bowling Ball for Wood Lanes Are:
We have enlisted the best bowling ball for wood lanes for you that will give you the ultimate experience. Our team of experts has done extensive research and have come up with the list of these balls with endless features.
Known great for controlling straight shots, they are incredibly responsive. It is excellent for beginners and ideal for picking spares because of the way it rolls. However, the lack of grip and hook can be troublesome for some bowlers.
- 2 Year Warranty
- Color: Red/Yellow Hybrid
- Coverstock: Polyester
- Finish: High-Gloss Polish
- RG: 2.7055
Children and beginners favorite, attractive and durable too, it is designed to withstand a lot of throws without any damage. It might underperform in medium or high oil conditions on a wooden lane.
Its wild design aims to attract people’s attention. For beginners, it makes bowling in straight line easier because of its hardcore, handling wooden lanes efficiently. It is quite durable to be drilled without cracking.
It’s a great combination of affordability and power, and that’s exactly why it’s one of the best bowling ball for wood lanes.
- Country Of Origin : United States
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 9 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 9 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 9 Inches
Best for ones learning how to hook the ball, it has medium flare potential suitable for both beginners and advanced bowlers. It manages to roll straight and has durable polyester coverstock, being UBSC-approved.
5. Brunswick Twist – Best Bowling Ball For Wood Lanes
Best for beginners as it is easily controlled, moving straight, and can quickly hook. The bright colours are appealing to all and have a strong back-end reaction when on dry wood lanes. However, it is not strong enough for more advanced bowlers.
- Brunswick has a new twist on ball reaction
- We have combined our Proven gear will-16 reactive with the new twist low diff core to create easy length with a strong and controllable backend reaction on drier lane conditions
- The twist is sure to appeal to bowlers of all ages and skill levels
- Country of Origin:Mexico
Best for throwing strikes or taking down spares, advanced bowlers use this who are confident enough to dominate the lanes. Although incorrect drilling leads to ball being unresponsive and might chip around the finger holes.
- This bowling ball ships undrilled with no holes unless you add Drilling services. The Hammer black widow bowling balls keep rolling out and dominating the lanes
- The Hammer black widow bowling balls keep rolling out and dominating the lanes
- The Hammer black widow Black/Gold takes the aggression Hybrid Coverstock, and pairs it with their most angular core
- The Hammer black widow Black/Gold takes the aggression Hybrid Coverstock, and pairs it with their most angular core, the gas mask, to create a ball that goes long and then offers a strong backend
7. Storm Ice – Best Bowling Ball For Dry Wood Lanes
It is perfectly designed to perform well, suitable for beginners and advance bowlers. It can be used on dry or medium-oil lanes, having durable and slick coverstock helping it to roll smoothly.
However, there’s still no doubt that the Storm Ice deserves its lofty spot on the best bowling ball for wood lanes list
- Color: Blue/White
- Core: Traditional 3-piece Core
- Coverstock: Pearl Polyester
- Finish: 3500-grit Polished
- Recommended Lane Condition: Any
Given are the best bowling ball for wood lanes that work best for both beginners and advanced bowlers, looking after the perfect features that easily fit in.
Also Read: Best Bowling Ball For Broken Down Lanes